Technical Support Specialist
REPORTS TO: Manager of Support
The Technical Support Specialist will support external clients in their use if ACF’s products; understand the client’s busness needs and improve client satisfaction with ACF’s products. This is a high profile technical position where client satisfaction and maintaining ACF’s high quality standards are a priority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support ACF clients on issues which can include product administration, design, training and troubleshooting, and analyzing customer software performance issues
• Develop technical and functional expertise in all ACF products
• Resolve client issues in a timely manner by performing research, local testing, or by directing the client to the applicable documentation.
• Document known issues/fixes/workarounds in knowledgebase articles
• Maintain customer database by logging all support calls
• Required Experience, Competencies and Education
• BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or a technically related field or equivalent related work experience in a multi-site software services environment.
• Advanced understanding in support of Microsoft Windows Server platforms 2008R2/2012, SQL, IIS server and other associated networked systems, managed switches (Cisco, Bay, Netgear, etc.) network secutiry, etc.
• An understanding of network topology concepts and protocols: WAN, LAN, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, TCP/IP, HTTP, IMAP, POP3, EXCHANGE
• Experience in client/server networking environments and best practices, experience with hardware vendors and strong understanding of networking aspects,
• Experience configuring, setting up, and debugging PC based and Web based systems
• Preferred Cerftifications: MCSE or MCSA
• SQL/Scripting/Reporting Engines/XML/Analytics/ (SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS))
• HelpDesk experience perfered.
• Valid drivers license
• Ability to obtain military security clearance
To find out more about this position please send an email and your resumé to our Human Resources Department